Optimized BOINC and SETI Clients for Linux (in collaboration with Chris Bosshard)
Please check out my new site, www.pendre.co.uk, offering IT consultancy in Pembrokeshire. We specialize in spam-free email hosting and other custom Linux solutions.
This site is now depreciated. Most of the information related to BOINC/SETI which has now been replaced by SETI-Enhanced. This site will remain as an historical reference. For more up to date information, readers are referred to Simon Zadra's excellent site.
SETI 4.07 clients (depreciated)
- i686 Highly optimized generic client (V4.07.3a)
- Athlon-XP for all Athlon XP Processors (V4.07.3b)
- Athlon64 client for all AMD 64-bit processors. (V4.07.3a)
- P3 client for all Pentium 3 processors (V4.07.3a)
- P2 users should use the i686 client
- P4 users should use Metod's client available here or Harold Naparst's clients available here
All SETI clients are statically compiled using highly optimized FFTW3 Fast Fourier Transform routines affording significant performance increases. Athlon-XP uses SSE and Athlon64 uses SSE and SSE2.
Special thanks to Chris Bosshard for his excellent work in collaborating with me on the latest BOINC and SETI Clients. Many thanks to everyone who has helped in the production and testing of these clients (you know who you are) without whom this would have not have been possible.
The Athlon64 SETI client is a 32-bit client so will run on both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (X86-64) Linux installations. 64-bit compiles for Athlon64 are actually significantly slower.
Note about version numbers: A bug caused these clients to be incorrectly labelled as V4.70. They are really V4.07 and this will be fixed in the next release.
BOINC 4.19 clients (depreciated)
- Athlon64 64-bit (x86-64) client for Athlon64 64-bit Processors running on 64-bit (x86-64) Linux (V4.19.3)
- Athlon64 32-bit (x86) client for Athlon64 64-bit Processors running on 32-bit (x86) Linux (V4.19.3)
- Athlon-XP for all Athlon XP Processors (V4.19.3)
- i686 for all other i686 compatible processors (V4.19.3)
Optimized BOINC and SETI Clients for Windows by Tetsuji "Maverick" Rai (Mirrored)
Special thanks to Tetsuji "Maverick" Rai for producing these optimized BOINC and SETI clients for Windows.
SETI 4.11 clients (depreciated)
- i686 Generic client with MMX support for older CPUs
- Athlon XP for all Athlon XP processors with MMX and SSE
- Athlon64 users should use this client. It includes MMX, SSE and SSE2 support.
- Pentium III client with MMX and SSE
- P4 client with MMX, SSE and SSE2 (Northwood Cores)
- P4 client with MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 (Prescott Cores)
- Pentium M client for Centrino class laptops
BOINC 4.45 clients (depreciated)
- SSE2 client for P4 and Athlon64 Processors
- SSE client for all Pentium III and Athlon XP Processors
- MMX client for older Pentium, Athlon and i686 compatible processors
Links to other clients
- Clients for DEC Alpha EV5 and EV67 are available here.
- Clients for Solaris/x86 are available here.
- Clients for SPARC64 are available here.
- Clients for IRIX are available here (thanks to FalconFly).
- Clients for Mac OS X are available here.